This Organization is organized in order to encourage all members to support the Military Officer Education Program (Army ROTC) University of Illinois at Chicago. We primarily accomplish this by hosting Battlefield visits throughout the year, extra-curricular activities such as participation in additional unfunded US Army ROTC programs, national fellowship programs, and military course related activities beyond the scope of our normal curriculum. Our intent is to broaden the awareness and support of the Military Science Department and range of various activities through funds provided by private donors using university guidance and guidelines. Our patrons include active membership among currently enrolled students and former alumni now serving as commissioned officers in the United States Army. Some of our planned events are listed below:
· Planned Military History Class Trip to Gettysburg, Shiloh, Vicksburg and Antietam National Military Parks
· Sponsor and participate in Military History Symposiums - (At UIC & Nation Wide throughout FY 13)
· Bataan Death March – Endurance Competition – White Sands New Mexico
· Army 10 Mile Run Competition – Washington D.C.
· Norwegian Ruck March – Winter Endurance Competition – Southern Indiana
· Ranger Challenge 2 and 5 Man Team Competitions at University of Kansas
Your monetary assistance will go a long way to making our annual campaign successful.. We would greatly appreciate a donation of your preference made payable to the “Fire Battalion Cadet Association”. Your generosity will be greatly appreciated. Again, your donation to our organization is tax deductible. Upon receipt of your donation, an IRS W9 will be completed and forwarded to you for your tax records.